Developmental delays in the form of dyspraxia are actually quite common. The good news is that milestone delays related to fine motor control and even speech can be addressed without aggressive treatments. Here at BETTER LIFE Family Chiropractic & Wellness, we provide gentle chiropractic therapies to help infants meet and develop into healthy, thriving adults.
Signs of Milestone Delays
Delayed development in infants can present itself in multiple ways. The cause of these delays can be attributed to environmental trauma, infections, metabolic disorders, and more. Often, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly why the child is experiencing milestone delays. Here are some signs to look for:
- The child is learning and developing more slowly than others.
- Rolling over, sitting up, crawling, or walking happen much later.
- The child has difficulty communicating or socializing with others.
- Lower than average scores on IQ tests and poor memory.
- Inability to connect actions with consequences.
- Difficulty with problem-solving or logical thinking.
- Inability to do everyday tasks like getting dressed or using the restroom without help.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Studies have shown that chiropractic care can help address milestone delays in infants, specifically those related to motor control and speech. During your visit to our Spokane office, Dr. Chad will gently and precisely adjust your child’s spine to correct misalignment.
This process doesn’t involve twisting, cracking, or popping. Instead, it relies on the use of gentle chiropractic techniques to restore nerve communication. Better nerve communication means that your child will have greater concentration, have smoother, more fluid motor movements, and experience an improvement in overall health and wellness.
Chiropractic Treatment for Milestone Delays in Spokane, WA
If you’ve noticed delays in your infant’s development, chiropractic care can provide a solution. A handful of gentle sessions may be all that’s needed to help your child reach their milestones. Schedule an appointment by filling out the form below or giving us a call at (509) 464-0444.